We are a private company, established in the U.S.A., registered at 4607 Lakeview Canyon Road, Suite 456, Westlake Village, CA 91361, United States with the contact email address email@example.com, and for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”) we are the data controller. Our representative in the European Economic Area and United Kingdom are as follows:
To the extent we provide you notice on our Service of different or additional privacy policies or practices (e.g., at the point of our collection), those additional terms shall govern such data collection and use.
1. Information You Provide to Us. If you are an Individual User (as such term is defined in the Terms of Service), you will provide us with Personal Information and Demographic Information (each as defined below). If you are an FBO User (as such term is defined in the Terms of Service), you will provide us Business Information (as defined below):
We collect this information through various forms and in various places on the Service, including when you sign up for a Pray account, through “contact us” forms, or when you otherwise interact with the Service. Any Personal Information, Demographic Information, and Business Information you provide to Pray must be true and accurate. Specifically, you verify that you are the current subscriber of any telephone number that you provide to us. Should you change any of your Personal Information, Demographic Information, or Business Information, you agree to notify us before the change goes into effect by updating your Profile Page (as such term is defined in the Terms of Service).
2. Information Collected and Stored As You Access and Use the Service. In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us via our Service, we and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Service (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information will be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that will be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Service. To the extent we associate Usage Information with your Business Information and/or Personal Information we collect directly from you on the Service, we will treat it as Personal Information. Usage Information includes:
We use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
3. Information Collected and Stored When We Send You a Text Message. After you sign up for our Service (subject to your consent where required by applicable law), we and/or our FBO Users will send you text messages that provide marketing, promotional, and/or other information. We and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you we and/or our FBO Users send you a text message. This information will be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that will be downloaded to your mobile device whenever you receive a text message.
4. Location-Based Information. With your consent (where required by applicable law), our Service uses location-based services in order to verify your location and deliver you relevant content and ads based on your location. We also share your location with third-parties (as set out below) as part of the location-based services we offer and for other commercial purposes. You can change the settings on your Device to prevent it from providing us with such information. This location data is collected in a form that personally identifies you and will be used by us and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services or for other commercial purposes. You should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information to other people. We share your location information with the following third-parties: Google Analytics, Braze, Chartio, Mixpanel, Amplitude, Tableau, and Twilio.
7. California Do Not Track Disclosures. Various third-parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals). Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms.
8. Information You Provide About a Third-Party. You can send someone else a communication from the Service, such as sending a message to a friend. If so, the information you provide (names, email addresses, telephone numbers, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used by us for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any send-to-a-friend functionality on our Service, your contact information, name or username and message is included in the communication sent to your addressee(s). Third-party tools will be subject to third-party privacy policies.
9. Information Collected and Stored When You Communicate With Other Pray Users Using the Service. We work with a third-party partner, Twilio, to facilitate phone calls and text messages between us, FBO Users and you for marketing, promotional, and informational purposes. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or text message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of any text messages. We also monitor the contents of text messages made with us. By proceeding you agree to allow Pray to monitor text messages or voice messages made using the Service.
1. Generally. In order to perform our contract with you, we will process your Personal Information, Business Information or Usage Information:
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our Service and provide you with an user-friendly service, we will use your Personal Information, Business Information, Demographic Information or Usage Information:
Where required by applicable law, we will process information relating to your religious affiliations based on your consent in order to provide you with our Service and allow you to join or be affiliated to a specific organization.
2. Telephonic Communications. If you are an Individual User, you acknowledge that by providing your telephone number(s) to Pray, you are providing Pray with your express written consent to receive promotional, marketing, and/or informational text messages and/or phone calls from us and/or FBO Users. You acknowledge that you will incur a charge for these messages and calls by your telephone carrier and that Pray is not responsible for these charges. You can opt-out of receiving text messages and/or phone calls at any time:
1. With FBO Users. We share your Personal Information and Usage Information with FBO User(s) who you agree to receive communication from. We share your Personal Information and Usage Information with Your FBO Leader(s) to provide them information on the performance of their community(ies), including, for example, which Individual Users are most active in their communities. Your FBO Leaders are bound by the Terms of Service and cannot share your information with anyone.
Certain features of the Service permit you to initiate interactions between the Service and third-party services or platforms, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Social Features include features that allow you to click and access the Company’s pages on certain third-party platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and from there to “like” or “share” our content on those platforms. Use of Social Features may entail a third party’s collection and/or use of your data. If you use Social Features or similar third-party services, information you post or otherwise make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you are using. Both the Company and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of both the Services and the third-party service. For more information on third-party websites and platforms, see Section VII.
When you are on the Service you may be directed to other sites and apps that are operated and controlled by third-parties that we do not control such as merchants who directly sell products and services to you (“Third-Party Owners”). If you go to these other sites and apps, such sites and apps will have their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for these third-party privacy policies or the practices of Third-Party Owners. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting any personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications and Third-Party Owners.
We collect certain “Personal Information”as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act 2018 (“CCPA”). In the past 12 months, we have collected such Personal Information described in Section I above, from the categories of sources listed in Section I.
We do not “sell” such Personal Information about you to third parties and have not done so in the past 12 months. However, we share certain such Personal Information with the third parties, and for the purposes, described in Sections III and IV above.
If you are a California resident, subject to applicable law and verification, you may have the following rights in relation to such Personal Information subject to the CCPA.
Right to Know: You may request a copy of the following related to the Personal Information we collect about you:
Right to Delete: You may request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected from you.
We do not discriminate against you based on you exercising any of the above rights.
If you are a California resident you may also request certain information about our disclosure of information about you to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and can be made once a year by contacting us as described below.
If you are a member under 18 years of age, and a California resident, you have the right to request removal of unwanted information that you publicly post on our Website. To request removal of such information, please contact us as described below. Upon receiving such a request, we will make sure that the information is not publicly available on our website, but the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems and databases.
To make a request with respect to any of the rights above, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “California Privacy Rights” as the subject line or mail us a letter to: Pray.com, 4607 Lakeview Canyon Rd. #456, Westlake Village, CA 91361. We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, and you must include your full name, email address, and a current California address in your request. In some cases we may need to request additional information, such as a government issued ID.
Under the CCPA, you may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. The Service allows you to review, correct or update Personal Information you have provided through the Service’s registration forms or otherwise by updating your Service account, and you can provide registration updates and changes by contacting us by email at: email@example.com. If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we retain prior information for business records purposes). Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons. When you edit your Personal Information or change your preferences on the Service, information that you remove will persist internally for Pray’s administrative purposes. If you are an individual accessing our Services from Europe (including the UK), please see your additional rights as set out under section XI below.
As described above in Section II(2), you may opt-out of receiving text messages by texting STOP to any text message you receive. You may also change your “Notification” settings in the Pray mobile app to stop receiving text messages. To opt-out of receiving phone calls (but not text messages), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us at any time by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails. This will not affect subsequent subscriptions and if your opt-out is limited to certain types of emails the opt-out will be so limited. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Service, such as administrative and Service announcements and these transactional account messages will be unaffected if you choose to opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
We will retain your information for as long as we are required in order to provide the Service to you, as required to fulfill our legal requirements and defend legal claims. After you have terminated your use of our services, we store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
Our Service is operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including Personal Information, will be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States in order to provide the Service to you. We transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and UK as it is necessary in order for us to provide you with our Services per our Terms of Services.
Access, Rectification and Portability: You have the right to ask us to access the personal data we hold about you and be provided with certain information about how we use your personal data and who we share it with. You also have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete. Where you have provided your personal data to us with your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to share (port) this data to another data controller.
Right to deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you:
Restriction: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data:
In addition, you can object to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests and we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate an over riding legitimate ground. Where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
To exercise any of these rights above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that these rights are limited, for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
To exercise any of these rights above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to your right to raise a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority. You may also contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) directly.
Pray does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of sixteen (16) or knowingly allow such persons to sign-up for the Service. Pray and its Service are not directed at children under the age of sixteen (16). If you are a child under sixteen (16) years of age, you are not permitted to use the Service and should not send any information about yourself to us through the Service. In the event Pray becomes aware that we have collected personal information from any child under the age of sixteen (16), we will dispose of that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of sixteen (16) has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately at: email@example.com.
We work hard to incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure all of your information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Service and provide us with your information at your own risk.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not responsible for third-party policies or practices. We try to keep this information current, and will add to and subtract from the chart above as appropriate, but it is provided as a courtesy and may not be current or accurate. Please contact the relevant third-parties regarding their privacy and data security policies and practices.
If you have any questions about the or practices described in it, you should contact us in the following ways: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) directly.